Thursday 11 October 2012

{Thriving this Winter} Day 11: Imagine

Oh gosh guys. I have run out of pre-outlined posts. Now we are in the real world, actually having to blog every day, and let me tell you, I do not think that I will be posting by 10am everyday.

Today I am thinking about Christmas. Mostly because I just am. I woke up this morning with a really full day, knowing that I couldn't get side-tracked on pinterest and actually happy with what I was going to get done, but guess what? Totally spent about an hour on pinterest looking at christmas stuff.

On Tuesday we talked about how I am focussing myself for christmas this year and only spending time/money on 3 areas: food, easy to maintain decor and being with people. And I want to focus on being comfy, relaxed and joyful. Basically I want to feel like this photo.


Right now I am thinking about all the things that have to get done WAY before December rolls around. Last year I planned to be organized and get my stuff together before people arrived and before the holiday week rolled around, but I was a bit lazy about it and didn't really get it done.

Well cue the tears of frustration. This was my first christmas that I wasn't at my parents house, and actually had to act like and adult. But I didn't really. I basically spent the whole week tearing out my hair and lamenting how "unorganized" I felt. But it wasn't so much that I wasn't organized, it was that I wasn't able to relax. I was working during that week and when I came home, I would immediately have to make some kind of food, still worry about doing laundry, keeping things tidy, plus buying christmas presents and taking time for christmas visiting. We had great house guests, so they weren't the problem, but I was just a little over-exhausted. And my dreams were not matching my reality.


This year we are doing another Christmas in Edmonton, and possibly some hosting. Now that I have refocussed myself on the things I care about, the next thing I am doing is thinking about things I can start on. Getting myself prepared, even mentally is necessary to achieve relaxation when the holiday actually comes about.

So today I am making my lists and sharing them with you! And now I will get to work on #3  - my calendar. Enjoy! (Click on the image to enlarge.)


How do you prepare for Christmas?


1 comments:

  1. Haha, I think about Christmas all year round! And Pinterest eats up so much of my time. I can't decide if Pinterest is the best thing in the world or the worst!

    Wow, you're really organized. I printed off your Christmas Countdown so I can use it as a guide for my own preparations. It's never too soon to think about Christmas. :)

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete