Friday 5 October 2012

{Thriving this Winter} Day 5: Listen



So I already wrote this post. Twice. It was a long and wonderful primer on going to sleep. Then it was a short and wonderful primer on going to sleep.

But it kind of stank. And it was all about you guys listening to me, not about you listening to yourself.

You see, I spend a lot of time looking up other people's ideas on how to improve myself, my life, my health, my family. There are a million ways other people do things. And some of them are brilliant, some of them are silly, and while some of them are great they might just not work for you.


When was the last time you realized something wasn't working, and just simply spent some time thinking about the issue and came up with an idea to fix things? Just doing what worked for you? Using your own common sense to fix the issue and not getting caught up on making it cute or doing it cheap or making it better in the process. Just making it work. 

Recently I have been working on my sleep pattern by simply getting up at the same time each morning. And this has been helping me to go bed at a better time. I have found though, that when I push through that first feeling of tiredness, I will get a second wind, and then have a really really difficult time sleeping. So I am just trying to listen for that feeling and respond to it. I just thought about what was going on and am trying something that seems to make sense in my world.

But like I said, this post isn't about me telling you how you should sleep. It's simply asking you to think about how you are sleeping, and try to listen to what your body is telling you. You can figure out the rest.

Give yourself a break, give your body some margin and it will sort itself out. It's kind of amazing like that.

Anyone else out there battling with sleep? Have you been hearing what your body is saying? Please comment below!



0 comments:

Post a Comment